I am sick and tired of people bagging out Perth, telling me that it’s dullsville and it’s stuck in the dark ages. We are the most isolated city in the world. Get over it. We do things our way. Get over it. Don’t like it? Get the fuck out of here.
I like Perth, there, I’ve said it. I can’t think of anywhere else that gives people such a blank canvas. Perth is ultimately, what you make it. Don’t like the fact that there’s fuck all zines in the city? You make one. Don’t like hardcore? Make your own band. Think it’s boring? Then quit moaning and find something to do!
Make things happen. In Perth we have a population full of kids who want something to do. If you host gigs, people will come after some time. People will get to recognise you for better or worse, yes it will take some time but Perth is so small that it will take less time than the larger cities where everything has already been done and is still going.
If you want to tell me that you can go elsewhere and do better then quit talking! Get the fuck out of Perth! I don’t want you here! If you don’t want to be here, I don’t want you here.
You could do a lot worse!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
To say perth is great kind of kills its little old charm. Its a small place.. my question to you is how can you be lost in such a small place.
personaly im sick of being found in perth. 13-30 year olds hate where ever they live thou... its natural.
yeah, i'm so agree with you.
perth is awesome and that's it.. they're just stupid boring and uncreative people that just keep saying that this town is dead!
Anon: You clearly know about Perth, and hence you'd know about it's vast urban sprawl. Yes, most cities have urban sprawl, so wouldn't I be lost in all cities?
Most major cities develop cultures in the smaller 'burbs. Perth hasn't. Around where I live there are very few punks or other interesting folk. Most feel compelled to continue on the way their folks did. I find in order to find like-minded people, I must travel to the city, which is why I feel Lost in the Suburbz.
Our name has a few meanings, but that is the meaning that answers your question.
Post a Comment